November 1, 2010

Pregnancy #3: Week 24/25

I have grown a LOT in the last few weeks:


I'm not sure how to title these posts anymore...I am getting confused.  I am a FULL 24 weeks pregnant but in my 25th week..so what should I be saying? That, Lord willing, I only have 15-ish weeks left!? CRAZY!


Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 24/25 weeks(?) Hmmm...let's go with 25...although, I'm not sure I am wanting to rush any of this along...I still haven't REALLY thought about how different my life is going to be with THREE kids.

Fruit/Veggie: Size of a rutabaga (13.5 inches, 1.5 lbs)

Baby changes: Baby is beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Best Moment this week: Seeing my kids dress up for Halloween and come alive in their characters...more of that to come!

Gender: lately I have been feeling BOY...almost everyone has still been telling me girl, but I just have this "feeling" that it's a boy...which, remember, means nothing really since I was wrong with my other two pregnancies :)

Movement: Baby is still moving a lot. Charlie felt the baby move around 21 weeks for the first time.

Food Cravings: string cheese, fruit, Mel's chicken salad (hint, hint)

Sleep: I didn't get much sleep last week from all the sewing (6 stuffed monkeys-maybe I'll show those one day, plus 2 Halloween costumes) so when I am sleeping...I am not waking up for even a moment.  It is sound, peaceful sleep.

What I am looking forward to: getting started on Christmas gifts!  We're having a "handmade" Christmas this year, so I'm hoping to have all our gifts done by December 1.

Symptoms: My feet are GROWING again! (Not swelling...yet...growing...)  I think that my feet did this with Asher (maybe that's why I'm thinking boy? but they were DEFINITELY swollen with him, too) but I can't remember if they did that with McKlayne or not.  I started out before babies wearing a 7.5-8 in shoes....now...I'm approaching the 8.5-9 margin.  What gigantic size are my feet going to be once I am DONE birthing babies?  Has this happened to anyone else?  (Someone told me their feet shrunk back...mine did not after Asher...)

9 comments:

The Lopases said...

i would guess boy too! but i don't know why....

my feet didn't grow with abigail. i was mortified that they would though. i wear a 10-11, depending on the shoe. so if they ever do grow during pregnancy, i'll end up special ordering my shoes online...

Em Marsh said...

I get such weird looks when I say my feet grew :) Through two pregnancies I've gone from an 8 to a 10.

chelsea said...

Yay for the update. I love that you take your pic after your workout! :)

You are so cute.
Its totally a boy.

If its a girl...Chandler will have another girl to eye...like he does McKlayne! Ha, well see.

Grace Family said...

my feet grew with my first one... went from a 9/9.5 to a sure 10. They didn't go back before the second, and didn't grow again though either.. but now they have shrunk back. I am back to a 9.5 in most shoes, but they didn't go all the way back because a 9 rarely cuts it! and, I had two boys so I wouldn't say it had anything to do with the sex!

J said...

You look adorable! :)

I think my feet grew a tiny bit, but I can still wear most of my shoes without a problem. :)

The Currie Family said...

I love that you took your pic with your sweaty shirt....shows how much you are working out! :o)

and let me tell you that your life will be BUSY with 3! busy, busy, busy!!

and my feet actually SHRUNK!! I use to wear a 9.5 before babies and now I wear 8.5-9!! weird!!

oh and I vote for 25th week! :o)

The Lourceys said...

My feet definitely grew. I was a 7-7.5 pre-baby and now I'm a 7.5-8. I couldn't even think about squeezing into a 7 at this point.

Your belly is so high right now! I know normally "they" say a high belly means girl but I carried my girl low. Did you carry your babies the same?

Kirby said...

Emily, I am so short-waisted that it's hard to tell...with Asher I was just big everywhere...and with McKlayne...who knows. I think I carried them both the same way, but it's hard for me to tell.

Noelle Gonzalez said...

I know lots of people who's feet grew. I have no personal experience with birthing babies, but I hear its normal. (And we discussed it in my women's health class a few semesters ago, so I bet its normal.)

Also, way to go on continuing to work out! You are totally showing me up. You are 24/25 weeks pregnant and still crossfitting it. I'm impressed, and feeling guilty, my only excuse is that I don't like getting up at 5:15. I'm totally going tomorrow :)