May 30, 2011

Who wants to workout with me?

A little over a year ago, Heather and I completed our first month of Crossfit with our friend, Jordan. I love her. So much as a friend. And almost just as much as a trainer. Jordan and her husband, Danny, own a gym in town.


I blame Crossfit (and also thank God for it often!) for getting me pregnant with Oliver. Okay, okay...I know that's not how I got pregnant...but it sure did help. I had gotten pretty good about figuring out the timing of "my cycle"...and after a month of working out at BlackBox Strength & Conditioning (then Crossfit ATM) it completely "threw me off." The following month, I was pregnant.  I continued to work out the entire nine months of my pregnancy with Jordan and my crew at her 6 a.m. class....all the way up until 4 days before Oliver was born, when I tore my meniscus.  Other than running and a few Jillian Michaels workouts, I haven't done much the past few months because my knee was too tender.


Now...3 1/2 months later my knee is FINALLY feeling better and I'm ready to get back to The Box!  Who wants to join me?  Jordan is offering another Women's Summer Challenge that starts in 2 days!  This is for women all of ages, whatever shape you're in, sizes, and even women with children! Because guess what?! Childcare is provided! 



Women's Summer Challenge

During this time we will focus on healthy lifestyle, 
nutrition, exercise, stress, posture and so much more! 
There is no better time to start than today! Enjoy the 
environment of a supportive community by signing up 
for the challenge!

When:   June 1st - July 13th
Where: BlackBox Strength & Conditioning 
7610 Eastmark Dr. 
College Station 77840
Time: 9am-10am on M/W/F
Cost: $200 for the 6 week program! Come ready 
to learn and have fun!


Email Jordan@crossfitatm.com to participate in the 

program.


But, wait, there's more! If you tell Jordan that you read this blog post when you email her, she'll give you 15% off!  That's 6 weeks of a personal trainer, nutrition counseling, childcare, a better posture (and getting to work out with me) for $170! 

Like Heather said in her post a year ago, you really will feel like a new person.  When I've worked out physically, I tend to be a much nicer wife and more patient Mommy.  Truly, everyone benefits.  I guess you could say that I work out for the safety of my family.

Contact Jordan to sign up or for more information. And leave a comment here and let me know if you'll be joining me over the next six weeks!

4 comments:

Megan said...

If only this were STARTING in 6 weeks when I'm "released"... I'd be all over it! :)

Kirby said...

Bummer! Maybe Jordan will start a Summer II Challenge!? You know...since we live in a college town and all...

Meg, this would be SO YOU!! Wish we could do this together!

Rachel said...

I'm using your link to advertise. Thanks for writing it up!

the herzogs said...

i wish i lived there because i would totally do this...i wish the crossfit near us would do something like this :-). I'm so intimidated by it all, but if it was for women and had childcare, i might be able to convince some friends to come with me!